Alexander Scheeline and Bùi Anh Thư co-founded SpectroClick in 2011, but its technology materialized in a classroom in Hanoi, Vietnam in 2009. Bùi Anh Thư made the predecessor to the Spectroburst(TM) as part of a laboratory experiment that Scheeline had designed for an Instrumental Analysis class. The moment of invention, when they realized the meaning of her grating arrangement for solving the problems of limited camera dynamic range, real time wavelength calibration, and smart use of imaging detectors for visible spectrometry, was fortuitously videoed. The rest is a story of trans-Pacific collaboration. In addition to developing low cost visible spectrometers, SpectroClick is developing real time, method specific training for its customers using coded package labeling and web technologies.
- B.S. Michigan State University 1974.
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin Madison, 1978.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, National Institute for Standards and Technology 1978-1979.
- Chemistry faculty, University of Iowa, 1979-1981.
- Chemistry faculty, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1981-2012.
- M.S. Chemistry, Vietnam National University of Science – Hanoi (VNUS-H).
- B.S. Chemistry, VNUS-H, 2011.
- Science teacher, International Newton Grammar School, Hanoi, Vietnam (2012-2013).
- Foreign staff coordinator, International Newton Grammar School (2014 – present).
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1972 University of Illinois.
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1973 University of Illinois.
- MBA, 2014, University of Illinois.
- Union Carbide Corp., 1973-1986.
- Universal Companies, 1986-1989.
- Envirecycle, 1989-1993.
- Technical Service Associates 1993-2012.
- Innoventor Engineering, 1997-2001.
- University of Illinois College of ACES, 2004-present.
- Joined SpectroClick in 2014.
Board of Directors
SpectroClick has 3 members on its Board of Directors: Alexander Scheeline (Chair), Stephen C. Zahos, and Rohit Bhargava. Additional members will be added in the future.
- Professor of Bioengineering, University of Illinois.
- B.S., Indian Institute of Technology, 1996.
- Ph.D., Case-Western Reserve University, 2000.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, National Institutes of Health, 2000-2004.
- University of Illinois Department of Bioengineering, 2004 – present.